The tap dancing TV presenter is still recovering from an accident last year
Strictly Come Dancing fans will notice something is missing this Christmas as it has been confirmed Sir Bruce Forsyth won't be featuring on the festive special.
For decades, Brucie has been the tap dancing gift that literally keeps on giving – having entertained generations of TV viewers with his warm presenting style.
His inclusion in the traditional annual Xmas specials of the hit BBC show have kept viewers tuning in for a Brucie fix, since he no longer presents the main series of the show.
Sadly, the 88-year-old TV legend suffered an injury following a fall in October 2015 and it is believed he is still in recovery.
He was forced to pull out of the Christmas special of Strictly last year – but did manage to record a special video message that was included in the show.
This year, however, it is believed Bruce is too ill to add a pre-recorded message meaning his involvement will be missed completely due to his ongoing health concerns.
"Last year the Strictly message was recorded in December, there are no plans to do one this year," a source close to the star told The Mirror ahead of this years' Christmas episode recording on Monday.
The source added it is hoped extra rest will help the star.
"It doesn't seem right at this point [for Bruce to film for the special]. He needs a bit of peace and quiet to get on with getting better," they said.
While Strictly fans might be sad to hear the confirmation he won't be involved in the show, we just hope he does get better fast.
Brucie was a weekend highlight for millions as he presented Strictly alongside Tess Daly on the long-running dance show.
His jovial humour and sharp wit thrilled viewers across the country as he presented from series one to 11.
However, he decided to take a step down from the main show in 2014 as he entered his late 80s – replaced by Claudia Winkleman.
However Bruce still continued to keep a presence on the show as he would return to present the Christmas special in 2014 – and included his video message last year.
No stranger to dancing himself, viewers would frequently be stunned by his fancy footwork – with the star having a particularly impressive ability to tap dance.
Replacement host Claudia even joked that the elderly star left her in the shade – confessing she would not be tap dancing when she joined the main show in 2014.
"It's my knees. I can't dance and speak at the same time. It will finish me off," she laughed at the time.
Meanwhile Tess has credited Sir Bruce for her own TV success saying he gave her top advice on how to hold a live show together.
"When I first started Bruce looked after me. He was so generous," she said in an interview last year.
"I was no one when I started and he was a TV legend. Just meeting him was like being in the presence of greatness," she added.
We hope Brucie will be back to Keep Dancing next year.
Are you sad that Sir Bruce Forsyth won't be included in the 2016 Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter (@CloserOnline).
Like this? Read more: