Strictly Come Dancing’s Anton Du Beke reveals the sex of his upcoming twins

News

Strictly Come Dancing’s Anton Du Beke reveals the sex of his upcoming twins

He must be dancing with joy over this happy news

We already knew that Strictly Come Dancing star Anton Du Beke is set to become a dad to a set of twins.

But now the professional dancer has revealed he is having one of each – as his girlfriend Hannah Summers is expecting a boy and a girl!

Anton – who turned 50 over the summer – shared the news while appearing on Good Morning Britain on Friday after he accompanied his girlfriend (who he has been dating for six years) for a scan.

"We had our baby scan – we found out they are definitely babies!" he joked.

"We are going to have one of each," he continued – joking again about ideas for names.

Anton on GMB

"I’m going for Anton and Antoinette," he deadpanned.

But on a more candid note, he went on: "You can’t describe how it feels. It’s very difficult to describe. It’s unbelievable."

Anton also joked he is going to utilise his newborn babies to get a promotion on the hit BBC dance show – saying he is convinced producers would promote him to head judge once they see how cute his offspring are.

Anton and Hannah revealed their baby joy earlier this year, telling The Sun on Sunday: "We are delighted to announce that we are expecting twins in the spring. We are over the moon!"

Anton and Lesley

Anton was appearing on Good Morning Britain to promote next years’ Strictly Come Dancing live tour – which he will dance in with live dance partner Erin Borg.

He was booted from the current fourteenth series of Strictly in week five of the live shows after his Tango performance with Birds of a Feather star Lesley Joseph failed to titillate.

While his joke about becoming head judge on the show may have been in jest, it is wholly possible Strictly producers could ask the star to fill the seat of Len Goodman who is retiring from the series at the end of this year.

Anton Du Beke

So far there have been no front runners as to who will take over from the 72-year-old – who has admitted he too doesn’t know who will take over the main judging chair.

"I will have no input. It is all down to the producers but whoever they pick I’m sure will be the right choice," he said during an appearance on This Morning this week.

Len just hopes whoever is chosen will have a great understanding of dance basics.

"I hope it will be someone who has done ballroom and Latin because as good as the other judges are, I think the balance of the judges is terrific, but you need one who has done ballroom and Latin and knows about heels and toes," he said.

Len Goodman is a judge alongside Bruno Tonioli, Craig Revel Horwood and Darcey Bussell Len is set to make his final appearance on the show during this month’s Christmas special – which will be aired after the main series reaches its sequin drenched conclusion.

The special is filming on Monday – however back in July when he decided to quit, Len said: "It is an honour being part of the wonderful Strictly Come Dancing family and I’m looking forward to me last series very much and to whatever comes next."

Good luck to Anton with his upcoming twins – and good luck to Len for whatever he does next!

What do you think of Anton’s exciting baby news? Let us know via Twitter and Facebook (@CloserOnline).

Like this? Read these…

Strictly star Anton Du Beke reveals he's going to be a dad... of twins!

Is THIS the new Strictly Come Dancing judge? Len Goodman reveals who he’s backing

Strictly professionals at WAR for head judge slot

More in Celebrity

Closer magazine cover