No ifs, no buts
Adventurous to some people, is leaving the house without an umbrella and your weather app predicted 52% rain. To others, it's carrying around a paddle board and singing about the sea like our favourite Disney hero, Moana.
To the more cynical,'Adventurous' is an outdated buzzword spotted on Tinder profiles, alongside 'likes the outdoors', 'live, laugh love' and 'if you have a cat, I will steal it!'
But enough about you! A study run by online casino Casumo.com has revealed all the things that Brits reckon is adventurous and has compiled a top 50 list.
It's not all skydiving and swimming with sharks, either. It's the small stuff that makes you feel the most wild.
So, how adventurous are you really? Check off any of the following activities from the below list that you have done (in your head, because phones/laptops are expensive) and count them as you go.
How adventurous are you? Be honest!
- Going on holiday alone
- Having sex in a public place
- Going skinny dipping
- Taking on a huge physical challenge
- Changing your career
- Going on a last minute trip
- Dramatically changing your hairstyle
- Speaking in front of hundreds of people
- Getting a tattoo or piercing
- Betting a large amount of money
- Purchasing a large item (car, house)
- Taking up a new hobby
- Learning a new language
- Singing at karaoke
- Going to an audience participation event
- Decorating a room in an unusual colour
- Chatting to a complete stranger
- Speaking up when you see something wrong
- Haggling on price when you buy something
- Trying a new recipe
- Learning to play a musical instrument
- Going into a mosh pit at a gig
- Sneaking into more than one film in the cinema
- Going to a gig of a band you do not know
- Straying from your normal order choice in a restaurant
- Not closing the curtains when you get changed
- Doing a live video on Facebook
- Hiding in the toilet to avoid the train conductor
- Ordering something that isn’t on the menu
- Leaving work early when the boss isn’t in
- Driving with the petrol light on
- Sitting in a reserved seat on a train
- Complaining to the waiter/manager about your food in a restaurant/sending your food back in a restaurant
- Calling in sick to work when you're not really sick
- Taking a different route to work
- Walking through an airport scanner with an item you shouldn't have on you (lighter, phone)
- Eating food as you walk around the supermarket
- Changing your morning routine
- Not answering the door even though you are in
- Admitting to your manager that you've done something wrong
- Having an alcoholic drink before 5pm
- Taking your own food and drink into a cinema
- Ordering online without checking reviews
- Eating something past its sell-by date
- Paying a bill on the last day it's due
- Watching pirate videos
- Not paying for a plastic bag when going through self-serve checkout
- Turning up at a restaurant without booking first
- Putting your feet on a seat in front of you
- Not cancelling a restaurant reservation when you don't intend to go
30 and under?
LIVE A LITTLE! Eat the croissant as you walk around the Tesco (but pay for it after, don't be an animal!) and be that annoying person who insists on laughing really loudly at the Cinema. Own it.
You have the full rights to use 'adventurous' in your Tinder bio now, congratulations!
Now watch the weirdest celebrity baby names