Forgotten to buy a Halloween costume? Never fear. Here are 29 easy (but genius!) DIY costumes you can make at the very last minute…
Supergirl in disguise
Is it bird? Is it a plane? No, it's... ah, you get the picture.
- Difficulty rating: Ridiculously easy
- Cost: Cheap - bag that Superman top from primark and you're onto a winner.
- Cool points: All of them, ever. This is gorgeous.
- Difficulty rating: Not much. As long as your home is full of cotton wool and old beads.
- Cost: Cheap (see above)
- Cool points: Brain/rain - see what we did there? It's the choice for pun-lovers
THERE HE IS!
- Difficulty rating: Hardly at all - it's all about accessorising. In red and white only. Anyone can do that, right?
- Cost: You probably already own the top required, but if not you could just get yo' butt down to your local Primark for a cheap one.
- Cool points: Well, you'll blend into the crowd, but not TOO much - as Where's Wally books have proven time and time again.
Amazing group costume idea? We think so.
- Difficulty rating: A child could do it.
- Cost: Mega cheap.
- Cool points: You definitely get a handful for nostalgia.
Mean Girls fans will definitely be fans of this one…
- Difficulty rating: If you can use scissors, you can do this. WE BELIEVE IN YOU!
- Cost: You probably have everything you need in your wardrobe.
- Cool points: Erm, hello? It's REGINA GEORGE! Your hair will be full of secrets.
Whether you're Bambi or an unfortunate deer-in-the-headlights, this is one you can recycle again at Christmastime.
- Difficulty rating: The trickiest bit is the antlers - unless you buy them ready-made.
- Cost: Not too bad - unless you don't own a furry gilet. Which would be unfortunate…
- Cool points: You're more cute than cool, but that's not a bad thing.
What's new pussy-cat?
- Difficulty rating: As difficult as you want it to be - you can draw on a few whiskers or go super-sultry cat, like this lady did.
- Cost: Cheap - you just need black clothes (you own them, trust us), material to make a tail and ears. Which you can buy, if you're so inclined.
- Cool points: You'll be feline fierce in this one!
Hey look, for a long time it was Apple's hottest musical accessory.
- Difficulty rating: None - it's just some cutting and sticking.
- Cost: Almost nothing, if you already own a tube dress. Which we bet you do.
- Cool points: You're an iPod. What do you think?
Bones are always spooky. Fact.
- Difficulty rating: Probably quite - you'll need a steady hand and some skill with the scissors. Also some basic knowledge of human anatomy.
- Cost: Nada. Just an old t-shirt.
- Cool points: Pretty cool - skeletons are cool, right?
This is genuinely terrifying.
- Difficulty rating: It'll take a little time and effort to get the full effect, but it should be no problem to a makeup queen.
- Cost: If you own makeup, you should be fine.
- Cool points: Erm, how about ALL OF THEM?!
It's called a SCARE-crow, isn't it?
- Difficulty rating: Unless you're afraid of straw, not difficult at all. If you are, time to move on to the next idea…
- Cost: You should have everything you need at home, minus the straw, but, if not, get thee to a Primark.
- Cool points: We guess it depends on your opinions on farmer chic…
Burglar, robber, thief - call it what you will, it's a classic.
- Difficulty rating: Super low - although drawing dollar signs can be tough.
- Cost: We bet you already have everything you need in your wardrobe.
- Cool points: You'll definitely have swag (see what we did?)
- Difficulty rating: It could be tough to source all the pieces of this costume, we shan't lie.
- Cost: Probably the most expensive on this list.
- Cool points: Practically perfect in every way.
In a word? Fabulous.
- Difficulty rating: Mostly simple, apart from the little drum. Good luck crafting that from an old butter tub!
- Cost: Super cheap - who doesn't have pink clothes?
- Cool points: Bunnies are more hot than cool - just ask Bridget Jones!
If it's good enough for Angelina, it's good enough for us.
- Difficulty rating: Fiddly, but not taxing.
- Cost: Cheap enough - you'll always need toilet roll and tin foil, after all. And you just need to team it with a black dress!
- Cool points: Did we mention Angelina already? Exactly.
The Little Mermaid
Ariel, as a hipster. Inspired.
- Difficulty rating: Not tough - just follow the colour scheme!
- Cost: Could be a little costly - especially if you need to buy the wig, the clothes AND Flounder!
- Cool points: Hipster Ariel gets all the cool points available, trust us.
Well howdy there, partner!
- Difficulty rating: Can you put a hat on by yourself? Then not tough.
- Cost: Not much - trust us.
- Cool points: Yeeee-ha!
WW2 poster girl
It's the original girl power look.
- Difficulty rating: None - the toughest bit is tying that headscarf.
- Cost: You should have everything you need already, so free.
- Cool points: You definitely get points for historical accuracy on this one…
A Disney classic.
- Difficulty rating: Easy as pie.
- Cost: Minnie-mal. Geddit? Like minimal, but with… forget it.
- Cool points: Minnie Mouse is the coolest ever.
- Difficulty rating: You will have to craft a straw from loo rolls - and cut out the logo - but we have faith in you.
- Cost: Not much - you can swap the furry scarf for bubble wrap or cotton wool if needs be!/em>
- Cool points: What could be more cooling than an ice-cold Frappucino, eh?
- Difficulty rating: Strong makeup skills required.
- Cost: Basically free, if you have makeup.
- Cool points: Shiver-down-your-spine cool, but cool, nonetheless.
Yup, the one with snakes in her hair.
- Difficulty rating: If you don't own a white dress, you can make a toga from a white sheet - and it's not tough. Just ask YouTube.
- Cost: Cheap as chips. Ancient Greek chips.
- Cool points: Medusa's the original stone cold fox!
So many Lady Gagas to choose from, but this seems most appropriate for Halloween.
- Difficulty rating: That skull makeup could be tough for some, we imagine.
- Cost: Not much, unless you can't get your hands on a shirt and tie.
- Cool points: Gaga has a LOT of fans, so we're presuming very.
The coolest and smartest member of the Scooby gang is a must for Halloween.
- Difficulty rating: Not hard. Trust us.
- Cost: You may have to hit up Primark, but we imagine pretty cheap.
- Cool points: She's the coolest gal in Coolsville!
Ouch. That's all.
- Difficulty rating: Easy-peasy, although you will have to fashion an oversized heart and some pins.
- Cost: This should be easy enough to do with budget gear, like straws and face paint.
- Cool points: We're thinking more chilly than cool.
This is adorable, isn't it?
- Difficulty rating: That little hat looks fiddly, but it shouldn't be too tough.
- Cost: Think green paper, sellotape, scissors and a red top.
- Cool points: You're a strawberry, man - what do you want us to say?
Retro funtimes, eh?
- Difficulty rating: You will have to do a lot of sewing or gluing, but other than that - not high.
- Cost: You should be able to do it for less than £20.
- Cool points: Everyone wants to play with a pin-ball machine!
Johnny Depp did it, so we're doing it.
- Difficulty rating: This is literally just putting on clothes. You can do it!
- Cost: Not a lot - with some snipping and imagination you can make this from the stuff in your wardrobe.
- Cool points: Enough to sink the Black Pearl.
This one speaks for itself - or doesn't.
- Difficulty rating: Makeup may be tricky, but the sourcing of black and white clothes should be easy as pie.
- Cost: Minimal. Just like conversation is with a mime.
- Cool points: Mimes aren't cool, to be honest - but this costume is pretty nifty!
Let us know if you try any out - and share your best pics on Facebook and Twitter @CloserOnline