4 Suspects Charged In Connection With The Kim Kardashian Paris Attack

News

4 Suspects Charged In Connection With The Kim Kardashian Paris Attack

It's thought to have been an inside job...

Following the arrest of 17 suspects in connection with the armed robbery of Kim Kardashian earlier this week, French authorities have now charged 4 men, aged between 27 and 63.

The robbers are believed to have broken into Kim Kardashian's apartment during Paris Fashion Week in October 2016, making away with more than $10 million worth of jewellery.

According to The Guardian, a 63-year-old suspect, named as Yunice A, has been charged with armed robbery in an organised gang, kidnapping and criminal association.

A second suspect named as 44-year-old Florus H, faced complicity charges. Whilst a third suspect, 64-year-old Marceau B, was given preliminary charges of handling stolen goods and criminal association.

The fourth male has now been named as 27-year-old Gary Madar, the brother of Kim's Paris chauffeur, Michael Madar. Michael has also been arrested for his alleged involvement in the robbery.

Six other suspects remain in custody and could face preliminary charges on Friday.

On 9 January 2017 we wrote...

Seventeen people have been arrested in connection with the armed robbery of Kim Kardashian West last October, reports say.

The gang were caught and detained in the Paris region, Rouen and Nice on Monday. They are said to be known by the police and their ages range between 23 and 73.

Five men were said to have been involved in the actual attack of the American reality star, and it was the DNA left at the scene - including on the material used to tie her up in the bathroom - that lead the police to them.

Kim's chauffeur, who drove the star around Paris in the days leading up to the robbery, is reportedly among those detained.

The police reportedly have 96 hours to question the suspects.

Earlier we wrote

Kim Kardashian West was robbed at gunpoint inside her hotel room in Paris by men dressed as police officers, it has been confirmed.

The masked assailants are thought to have threatened the building’s concierge in order to gain access to Kim’s suite. After entering her room, they threatened Kim with a weapon, then hand-cuffed and duct-taped her hands and locked her in the bathroom.

Around $10 million of jewellery was stolen from the room, including a jewellery box worth $6 million and a ring worth $4 million. The robbers are thought to have escaped from the scene on bikes.

‘The loss amounts to several million euros, mostly jewellery. The total amount is still being evaluated,’ a police spokesperson said.

Police later described the incident as 'extremely rare,' and claimed that the robbers were targeting jewels which had appeared in Kim's recent Snapchat and Twitter posts, focusing on 'possession that had been seen and noticed via social media.'

Johanna Primevert, spokeswoman for the Paris police department, told Associated Press, 'This is the result of people who obviously posed as policemen and who assaulted Ms Kardashian in a private hotel in her room by threat of a weapon.

'This kind of incident is extremely rare in Paris. This is a star who is famous worldwide. Do not confuse what happened to Ms Kardashian and probably was the result of an organised team who had planned their action with the assault of a tourist in front of Notre Dame or another tourist spot in Paris.

'It was really the celebrity who was targeted, with possessions that had been seen and noticed via social media, and it was these goods that the attackers targeted.'

According to her rep Ina Treciokas, Kim is ‘badly shaken by physical unharmed.’ Her daughter North, three, and son Saint, ten months, were not in the room at the time.

The reality star has been in Paris since last week for fashion week, and attended the Balenciaga and Givenchy shows on Sunday with her sister Kourtney and mother Kris Jenner.

At the time of the incident, Kim’s husband Kanye West was performing on stage at the Meadhows Music and Arts Festival in New York, when he brought his set to an abrupt end, telling fans ‘I’m sorry, I’m sorry. Family emergency. I have to stop the show.’

Kim and Kourtney are thought to have flown home after the incident.

We’ll bring you more on this story as it develops.

Watch Keeping Up with the Kardashians on HayU now and get a one month free trial!

More in Celebrity

Grazia magazine cover