The OC Turns 12 This Year
The OC turns 12 this year! Yep, it was 12 years since Luke uttered the immortal line "Welcome to the OC, b*tch", we discovered McMansions were a thing, and Sandy and Kirsten gave us #relationshipgoals. And while many of the cast have recently spoken out about how actually, life filming Orange County wasn't so great (Mischa Barton, Cam Gigandet AND Tate Donovan have been very vocal about it), we still think the teen drama was one of the greatest to ever hit TV screens.
So in homeage, here's why we'll forever ♥ The OC...
1. For what Seth Cohen did to our iPods
2. For giving us one of the greatest lines in TV history
3. And the love story of our generation: Marissa x Ryan 4Eva
4. Not forgetting Sandy and Kirsten
5. Oh, and Seth and Summer
6. For making us think we could live on nothing but bagels
7. And telling us it's ok to be an adult who can't use an oven
8. Bikram? Whatever. We want to do Yogalates
9. SANDY COHEN FOR PRESIDENT
10. One word: Chrismukkah
11. Marissa Cooper for always making us feel better about our own day
12. Before the Carrie Mathison crying face we had the Marissa Cooper crying face
13. Then there was the bangin' fashion
14. TBH we still want Marissa's Chanel prom dress
15. Who could forget the constant stream of Julie Cooper-isms
16. They had Paris Hilton. Taking a selfie. On a flip phone. And talking about literature.
17. And cute ponies that made us feel better about our own childhood toys
19. And Seth Cohen's one-liners
20. We just won't mention the final few seasons when things got weird.