IT COULD LITERALLY HAPPEN. TO YOU.
heat’s teamed up with Booksandthecity.co.uk and Simon & Schuster UK to find and publish a brand-new writer. All you have to do to be in with a chance of becoming our #heatseeker is submit a 2,500-word (maximum) short story, the plotline of which can be anything fresh, exciting, intriguing and surprising within the women’s fiction genre.
• Sunday Times best-selling author Paige Toon • heat’s Brand Editor-in-Chief Lucie Cave • heat’s Book Reviews Editor/author Isabelle Broom • Emma Capron, Editor at Simon & Schuster UK • Sara-Jade Virtue, Brand Director at Booksandthecity.co.uk
All entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11pm on 30 September 2017. Late entries will not be judged, so don’t delay.
In heat’s most exciting and potentially life-changing literary competition to date, the winner will get a mentoring session with best-selling author and judge Paige Toon. They will also receive an eBook contract from Simon & Schuster UK to include 25 per cent author royalties, and will ultimately have their debut published in eBook format. For additional info and the compettion, including the full terms and conditions, go to booksandthecity.co.uk/heatseeker.
Terms and Conditions
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over.
- The competition opens on 18 April 2017 and closes at 11pm on 30 September 2017
- Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
- To enter submit your short story, which should be a maximum of 2,500 words to the email address above.
- The prize is: publication of the winning eBook short story in spring 2018; an author mentoring session with Sunday Times bestselling author Paige Toon; a standard eBook contract from Simon & Schuster UK which includes a 25% author royalty from the proceeds of sales. The eBook short story will retail at RRP £1.99.
- A winner will be picked on 7 December 2017 by: Editor-in-chief of heat magazine, Emma Capron and the Books and the City team at Simon and Schuster UK.
- No cash alternative will be available and the prize is non-transferable.
- For details of the winner, email email@example.com within one month of the closing date.
- Bauer reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions for this competition at any time without notice.